These days I could easily get swallowed up by stress, worry, these constant Terbutaline-induced headaches, depression, etc. To help fight those feeling today, I am going to focus on what I am thankful for (in very random order):
- Carmen is well today.
- I am 24 weeks pregnant today.
- Dave and all he has done in the past few days: laundry, vacuuming, cleaning out the fridge, taking care of Carmen, Lauren and me. Plus working from home. I think I will call him Mr. SuperMom!
- Lauren’s sweet helpful spirit. She sorted all the laundry. She loves refilling my water glass from the water dispenser. When I get up to go to the bathroom she yells, “MOM! The doctor said you are supposed to be on bed rest. Back to the couch!”
- Sanity. Our church used to have a music minister who opened the church services by thanking God that we were all there, in our right minds. Amen!
- Night nurses who love Carmen and take great care of her.
- A great nursing agency.
- Lauren’s school. She LOVES school and we are very happy thus far with her kindergarten experience.
- Depends diapers that fit Carmen (Dave is changing a diaper right now!)
- None of us have swine flu. We are all well.
- Guacamole, cucumber & tomato salad, rice, chicken and beef…for breakfast!
- God and His promise of strength for today.
Thank you, Claudia, for making blackberry cheesecake and Danish apple pie for Dave’s birthday celebration at small group last night! Claudia makes the BEST Danish apple pie. It’s apple pie with cream cheese in it! Thanks also to CF and Indira for Thai food last night and to Del and Cristina for bringing balloons! Lauren has been playing with them all morning.